My husband drools when I mention these. I mean, what’s not to drool about? They are sweet, healthy, and perfect when you’re on the go in the mornings! I like to bake them Sunday night so that we have enough throughout the week for breakfast! I like to pair it with some fresh fruit on the side, maybe an egg, and of course, my coffee!
I got this recipe from the Thin Kitchen Recipe book made by Beachbody.
Fast- Track Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 flaxseed meal
- 1 cup brown sugar (you can use 1/2-3/4 cup instead, depending on taste)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I skipped on it since I didn’t have any)
- 1 tsp. ground ginger (skipped on this one too)
- 2 apples, shredded
- 3/4 cup milk (I replaced it with almond milk)
- 1 egg (I didn’t add it at all)
- 2 egg whites (you can swap the egg whites with 1/2 of applesauce)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients. Combine remaining ingredients and stir in the blueberries. Fill each muffin tin cup about 3/4 and bake for 15 to 20 minutes!
Now, don’t be tempted to eat all of them at the same time because they are too yummy!